AdvancED Accreditation Process
The Pass Christian Public School District is accredited by AdvancEd through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools division. Today accreditation examines the whole institution – the programs, the cultural context, the community of stakeholders – to determine how well the parts work together to meet the needs of students.
To earn/renew accreditation, the district undergoes a rigorous process of self-assessment in relation to a research-based set of quality standards. We update our vision and beliefs, meet with stakeholders, scrutinize student achievement data, and prepare an improvement plan that is regularly monitored and evaluated. Every five (5) years, an AdvancEd External Review Team conducts an on-site audit, evaluates the effectiveness of the districts continuous school improvement efforts, and makes recommendations for future growth. The latest review took place in February 2013. While in the district, the AdvancEd External Review Team invited the district, community members, parents, teachers and other stakeholders to share their perspectives of school/district effectiveness with the team. We would like to thank all those who participated in the process.
Committed to Excellence
Students excel when:
· curriculum is challenging and progressive;
· actively engaged in the learning process;
· all have an equal opportunity to learn;
· learning is a shared responsibility;
· held to clearly defined, high expectations; and
· all are accepted, valued, and safe.
Continuous Improvement Goals
1. To improve student academic achievement as reported by state and other standardized test results.
2. To increase parental involvement, community collaboration, and business partnerships with the Pass Christian School District.
3. To promote academic success and wellness by maintaining a safe and orderly environment.
School Performance Classification
Student Performance: Standardize Testing Trend Data
· Grades 3-8 MCT2
· Grades 9-12 Subject AreaTesting Program
AdvancED Quality Assurance Review Team Report for January 27-30, 2008
AdvancED District Accreditaion Progress Report for January, 2008
2012 Standards for Quality School Systems
Self-Assessment Workbook for School Systems
AdvancED External Review Report April 2013