AdvancED Accreditation Process
The Pass Christian Public School District is accredited by AdvancEd through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools division. The AdvancEd district accreditation process examines the whole institution – the programs, the cultural context, and the community of stakeholders – to determine how well the parts work together to meet the needs of students.
To earn/renew accreditation, the district undergoes a rigorous process of self-assessment in relation to a research-based set of quality standards. We review our vision and beliefs, meet with stakeholders, scrutinize student achievement data, and prepare an improvement plan that is regularly monitored and evaluated. Every five (5) years, an AdvancEd External Review Team conducts an on-site audit, evaluates the effectiveness of the district's continuous school improvement efforts, recognizes powerful practices, and makes recommendations for future growth. The most recent review took place in March 2018. While in the district, the AdvancEd External Review Team invited district personnel, community members, parents, teachers and other stakeholders to share their perspectives regarding school/district effectiveness. We would like to thank all those who participated in the process. During the 2018-19 school year, the district will begin its five-year planning process. We look forward to working with our community to seek new opportunities for improvement and advancement.
Committed to Excellence
The mission of the Pass Christian Public School District, in partnership with families and community, is to empower all students to be college-career ready learners, critical thinkers, and contributing citizens.
Students excel when:
- curriculum is challenging and progressive;
- actively engaged in the learning process;
- all have an equal opportunity to learn;
- learning is a shared responsibility;
- held to clearly defined, high expectations; and
- all are accepted, valued, and safe.
Continuous Improvement Goals
- Improve student academic achievement as reported by state and other standardized test results.
- Promote academic success and wellness by maintaining a safe and orderly environment.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility.